Fcv 585

A

Anonymous

Having trouble seeing bottom fish in water up to 300 feet deep. Gain cranked up, everything in manual. Is it better to use the shift function or zoom to look at the bottom 30'. Or is it even possible to see a snapper size fish that deep? Running a TM 260.

Nunya,
What frequency are you using? Do you have any screen shots?

Snips

Nunya,
I forgot to ask, on your screen shots be sure to show both frequencies.

Snips

I have a post on here titled "585 & TM260". Do a search for it to find it. It should help you out.

Joey,
After looking at the post it provides little additional information. Screen shots of both frequencies is the best.

Snips

Finally got around to getting some screen shots.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    952.1 KB · Views: 1,826
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    776.4 KB · Views: 1,826
Nunya,
Thanks for the screen shots but it is very difficult for me to determine much just by looking at the HF side. From what I can see, the 200Khz bottom is weaker and less defined than I would expect to see, the big questions is why? I am assuming that you have the 585 set on 100% TX power, TX rate at 20 and the TVG set on medium. What would be nice is to see screen shots like these below so I can compare the 50 to the 200. In my pictures I am using a B-260 and you can tell by looking at the 50Khz side that a had very smooth water flow except for one brief moment. This is very important because if you look at the 200Khz side that turbulence is not displayed. Turbulence can kill a sounders performance and transom ducers are more susceptible than ones on fairing blocks. Next time out can you please take these type of screen shots for me?

Snips

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,821
  • Capture 1.JPG
    Capture 1.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,821
Nunya,
Sorry my mistake. 10 is the highest on the 585, it goes to 20 on the bigger sounder i.e. 295/1150. Also make sure you have the ACCU-FISH function turn off for your screen shots.

Snips

Snips, here are some recent shots. tell me what you see and anyway I can better tune the 585.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0574.jpg
    IMG_0574.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 855
  • IMG_0578.jpg
    IMG_0578.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 855
  • IMG_0575.jpg
    IMG_0575.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 855
Nunya,
Thanks for the additional screen shots. By looking at them I see you are in an area with a lot of up/down slopes but also in an area where the bottom hardness changes quite a bit. Your transducer looks to be mounted in a good location but by looking at the bottom returns it doesn't appear to be pointed straight down. Your screen shots show better targets on 50 than 200Khz (which is not surprising) and targets close to the bottom. So at this point if you want 200Khz to display more like 50Khz you will need a little more gain than the 50Khz side. Since the front panel gain controls both 50/200Khz equally you can go into the Calibration Menu to tweak the 50 & 200 gains individually. I would try lowering the 50Khz to -5 and raising the 200Khz to +5. Try this the next time out and let me know how it works.

Snips

Attachments

• Gain.JPG
    Gain.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 849
Back