FCV 585 Issue

A

Anonymous

Hi, I run a charter fishing boat that has a Furuno FCV 585 fish finder.
The fish finder shows some sort of interference for the first 2 hours or so of operation. Sometimes more time, sometimes less. I will attach pictures to show what I mean as it is hard to describe. After it begins functioning normally it operates flawlessly till I turn it off. I can't leave it running full time though as it would drain my batteries down, otherwise I would consider that.
I have tried to change every setting to see if something can be changed to make it better, but no setting makes a difference. I have done the factory reset several times, but nothing makes it improve.
Somehow, it clears itself up, and then functions perfectly.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    680.1 KB · Views: 1,528
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    534.1 KB · Views: 1,528
Jsawin,
After looking at your two screen shots neither are normal if the sounder is using the default settings. Both 50 & 200Khz are very weak in my opinion. Below is a screen shot of a 585 using a B-260 transducer that you can use as comparison. What transducer are you using?

Snips

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 1,512
Hi Snips,
My Furuno is connected to an airmar B60 transducer. This is how it was when I got the boat. From what I have found in my research, this may not be a good match for my Furuno...?

There are 2 of these B60 transducers mounted through the hull. One is connected to a Raymarine E80 through a DSM300 (never turned on when I use my Furuno), the second is connected to my Furuno. I cannot switch the transducers because each transducer has a different plug on the end of it.

Thank you

Jaswin,
To bad about the transducer plugs, that would have been a nice and quick test to do. So at this point you could take the 585 into your closest dealer to have them test it or maybe see if they have a loaner transducer that you could hang over the side for a quick test.

Snips

Back