FAX 30 no longer seen by NN3d

tristanmortimer

After completing a change to my NN system by networking my 2 MFD 8 th Fax 30 is no longer identified. I updated the firmware to latest release on the master display but not the slave. I have tried to connect direct to the Navnet master with no success. I have connected to PCwith no success but have never done this before. The network switch is not showing any data TX or RX but does show an amber or power signal to the Fax30. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

The first step is to ensure that your software revisions are the same on all of your MFDs. Once that is done, run the install wizard on the master and do not press skip. This creates the configuration and allows the system to find all the devices that are working properly.

The first step is to ensure that your software revisions are the same on all of your MFDs. Once that is done, run the install wizard on the master and do not press skip. This creates the configuration and allows the system to find all the devices that are working properly.
Thank you, one thing that doesnt make sense is that the network switch is not seeing data TX or RX but im no expert on networks unfortunately. Was working fine prior to all this. Will ensure all firmware is the same and run wizard again.

So after updating firmware on both units the problem persists. I have contacted 3 Furuno dealers here in UK with reply from only one of them informing me that I need a new board without even suggesting They can look at it or plug it in. I fail to believe the board is dead. What are the PC requirements for connecting direct to a PC? Can Furuno somehow plug directly into it internally in a workshop and make a more informed diagnosis? Thanks for any help.

The network board would need to respond. The PC requirements and IP addresses are in the manual with details how how PC connection is done. You could connect a PC and run a "PING" network command to see if you can get a response from the FAX30 IP address. If not responding your UK dealer is likely correct that the board is damaged. It would need to be evaluated for repair. If your UK dealer isn't able to evaluate it closely; you might discuss it directly with Furuno UK.

Back