Exporting track characteristics?

Ranger

Ahoy!

I thought I understood from the manuals that TZT3 tracks exported to TimeZero using .TZX format would retain characteristics like color. And that is using .GPX format, characteristics like color wouldn't transfer.

We ran some trolling tracks on the TZT3 using variable color based on depth. And then we also have a few other TZT3 tracks in various solid colors. Tried exporting from TZT3 to TimeZero in both .TZX and .GPX format, don't see any difference. Basic point data transferred, but colors did not -- in either format.

Am I misunderstanding the manuals? Or maybe reading too much into them? Or did I hose up the export process? Or...?

-Chris

TZX is the newest Mapmedia/TimeZero format and can have the most points stored with different layers that includes color properties etc. GPX is not a layered format. It is a more basic General exchange format but also carries some properties. TZX is by far the greater format to use unless exporting out to an older NavNet or other product that doesn't understand TZX or TZD (next best format). CSV is the mainly to support older NN3D and it is very limited on the number of points allowed compared to the newer formats.

TZX is the newest Mapmedia/TimeZero format and can have the most points stored with different layers that includes color properties etc. GPX is not a layered format. It is a more basic General exchange format but also carries some properties. TZX is by far the greater format to use unless exporting out to an older NavNet or other product that doesn't understand TZX or TZD (next best format). CSV is the mainly to support older NN3D and it is very limited on the number of points allowed compared to the newer formats.

Hmmm... so when I exported from TZT16 in TZX format and then imported into TimeZero... color properties didn't transfer. Is there a trick to it? Or...?

-Chris

Hmmm... Never mind. I think.

I've just discovered in TZ that when I click on a specific track, it displays in black or dark grey (not sure why distinction)...

But then when I activate User Data/Display Tracks ALL tracks show up in their original color.

Seems odd, to me -- but at least it shows the colors have actually transferred properly. Apparently I need more practice with this new-to-me version of TZ.

Thanks for your help, sorry for distraction.

Cheers, -Chris

Back