DRS4DNXT not connecting

danderer

Furuno Fan
I've got a DRS4DNXT networked to several TZT3s. The radar did work but now it is not being shown on any of the MFDs.

I've got a smart switch in the network (that hasn't changed) which allows me some visibility to the network. I can see the radar negotiating a 10Mb link to the switch. I can see the radar transmitting data (I assume DHCP requests). No reply is ever sent to the radar from any of the MFDs. At least this tells me the radar has power and a good network connection.

The MFDs see each other and other connected devices.

Removing the switch and connecting the radar directly to an MFD doesn't help - the radar still isn't seen.

The only recent change has been upgrading one of the MFDs to 2.0.5 from.. 2.0.1?

The boat is several hours away and I'd like a game plan for my next visit. The only thing I can think of to try is a factory reset via the service menu on the MFDs.

If that doesn't work what else should I try / to look at?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0426.jpeg
    IMG_0426.jpeg
    198.3 KB · Views: 338
We have been shipping units with 2.05 and many have updated so I don't think it is related to the software. Did you factory clear the display after programming? I would definitely troubleshoot with a simple setup by removing that switch and have only one MFD connect only to the radar. If that doesn't work, I would recommend taking the cover off the dome and run a standard long network cable from the dome directly to the MFD, bypassing the installed RJ45 data cable. Being that you updated the MFD; did you also ensure the DRS4DNXT is running the most current software? While I haven't seen any issues, I suppose if you had really old DRS4DNXT software that it might not like playing with the TZT3 newest software.

As you probably suspected this turned out to be installer(me)-error. A poor ethernet crimp was intermittent.

All working fine now. Thanks.

Back