DRS25-NXT Removing Radiator Cap from Radiator Bracket?

Kicksave

Getting ready to install replacement radar and have a ??
1.4 says remove radiator cap from radiator bracket.
Does this mean extract the white rubber as seen in photo?
I don’t want to screw this up.

It’s the DRS25A-NXT open array

I also removed the factory connectors and used heat shrink terminals.
IMG_9673.jpeg

Sorry, I was staring right at the title while I typed that. Yes, remove that block of foam, on the antenna side there will probably be a plug that needs to be removed if I remember correctly. One or both boxes should have included a tube of sealant with very explicit directions on how and where to apply the sealant. Make sure you cover the heads of the bolts with the sealant also. Feel free to come back with finished product photos. Johnny is pretty good at picking out discrepancies from the install photos.

NOPE, don't remove the white foam on the inside of the waveguide. While if you do, it won't hurt anything, it is there for a reason. That foam is to keep dirt and items from getting inside the waveguide. The foam that you pictured is RF transparent and should remain. The radiator cap they talk about is much bigger than the aperture and on yours someone has already removed it. 1717541275493.png

I removed it from both of my DRS25A-NXTs installed on both boats with no adverse effects. I seem to remember that piece of foam being partially stuck to the pink foam that the unit was shipped with initially. Probably why I presumed that it needed to come out.

They are a little hard to dig out sometimes. It won't harm anything being removed. It confuses everyone. While I would say they could add more information to the manual, most don't read them anyways. :)

Hopefully people will learn from this joint as well. I also don’t understand why they only crimped the grounding blue wire connections. First thing I did was remove and use heat shrink connectors with more heat shrink.

Back