Does this look correct

Tom Stewart

Could you please look over this and offer corrections as needed?

Installing a Navnet 3D system with the following components:
MFD12
DFF1 UHD Sonar
DRS6 radar
Airmar/Furuno 1kw Transducer

It looks like the Radar goes straight to the MFD12, GP330B to the NMEA2000 backbone, DFF1 UHD to the MFD12 also.

Thanks for better suggestions.

Attachments

• Furuno Wiring.pdf
    37.4 KB · Views: 9
I am sure you know but didn't draw them in but the 2000 bus will require the two termination points on your backbone. Because the MFD12 only has one network port, you will need a hub. Because you are only running one NN3D MFD, it is okay to use a standard hub like a netgear. The radar power part of the cable will go directly to the MFD12 for DRS power. The network part of the cable will go to the hub. When you say DRS6 that is DRS6A correct? Because a DRS6AX or DRS6ANXT will not work.
1677678855766.png

I am sure you know but didn't draw them in but the 2000 bus will require the two termination points on your backbone. Because the MFD12 only has one network port, you will need a hub. Because you are only running one NN3D MFD, it is okay to use a standard hub like a netgear. The radar power part of the cable will go directly to the MFD12 for DRS power. The network part of the cable will go to the hub. When you say DRS6 that is DRS6A correct? Because a DRS6AX or DRS6ANXT will not work.
View attachment 4221
Good morning Johnny. Yes, both ends of the NMEA Backbone will have termintor plugs.

I do have a hub that I can use.

Please look at revised drawing. Does the DFF1 UHD also go to the hub or does it go directly to the MFD12?

Thanks again for your help.

And yes, the radar is a DRS6A. I assume the radar network connection and the DFF1 UHD both go to the hub.

Tom

Attachments

• Furuno Wiring.pdf
    39.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Yes, both the DFF1-UHD and the Radar network cables go to the hub and then you will have a cable from the hub to the MFD12.

Back