Dodge buttons on control head are slow

ReedStr

is there a way to increase the responsiveness of the dodge buttons on the control head? when I use the doge buttons on the control head it takes a second or two before the helm responds. I'd better see that log pretty far in advance. On the other hand if I flip the switch on the jog lever it responds immediately. No problem avoiding that log that suddenly shows up. So I know the system has the ability to respond quickly.

It should be an instantaneous response. I just tested it to verify. What do you have the arrow key set as in the system menu?

Dodge.

I checked and when I am in auto mode (and I assume nav) and then push the arrow key it waits 1 second while beeping 3 times before activating the motor to turn the rudder. in stby it is instantaneous. And if I flip the switch and push over the FU lever it is also instantaneous. so there is a 1 second lag before activating the rudder motor in auto mode.

Last edited:
Hopefully they bring the safehelm2 back. I have that installed on one of my boats. It is great, when I need to dodge something like a log, I just turn the wheel and it temporarily disengages the AP for a preset amount of time (I have mine set to 10 seconds). After that preset amount of time passes the AP re-engage s and resumes control. Much more natural to grab the helm to dodge something rather than trying to push buttons IMO.

Back