DFF3D on TZT3 recent depth issue

DeepSouthTX

Furuno Fan
Here recently. Possibly ever since software 2.0, cant be certain on that. I now have a 3 to 4 foot depth difference between my main sounder and the dff3d. The main sounder is correct but the TZT is showing less depth. Transducer draft is the same for both at 1 ft. The issue is the DFF3D is cutting off the first few feet of the return. Instead of showing the zero line its starting at around 3 or 4 ft. I know the traditional sounder has a zero line rejection but I dont believe the DFF3D does. And dont believe that changes the depth but maybe it does. Can anyone tell me what other setting or combination of settings if any could be affecting this? Thank you

Tech support had me reset the settings but that made no difference. Here is a screenshot showing the issue. Has anyone got anything they could suggest as a fix? Thank you

926690f9-814e-40f2-9747-3e35c122b597.jpg

DeepSouthTX,

A couple quick questions for you:

1. Are both the transducers mounted within the same plane..?

2. What is the Transducer Draft that is set for the TZT3 and the DFF3D..?

3. What is the Keel Draft set for the TZT3..?

- Deep Blue :think

Deep Blue":3d9s17ch said:
DeepSouthTX,

A couple quick questions for you:

1. Are both the transducers mounted within the same plane..?

2. What is the Transducer Draft that is set for the TZT3 and the DFF3D..?

3. What is the Keel Draft set for the TZT3..?

- Deep Blue :think

1. both transducers are mounted approx 1 ft below the waterline. One on the port and one on the stbd. Directly accross the boat from one another.

2. Right now I have the draft set at zero on both. (this is done on the settings for each sonar type.)

3. Keel depth is set at 2.5ft -- A side note there is a global transducer draft right where the keel draft setting. This one is set at 1ft.

Deep South
Does the difference in depth reading (delta) change in shallow water? Say sitting at the dock? Sitting at your dock does the depth on the vertical sounder show the correct depth beneath the transducer? In shallow water I rely on my verticle sounder. Not thenDFF 3D.

I noticed on both your screenshots that you are loosing bottom on both Sounders. In 50’ of water on the 200 kHz the spaces between the the bottom reading is puzzling. How fast were you moving when you took the screenshot? Maybe Snips can figure out what is happening. Personally I would be more concerned with why you loose bottom on both systems. Possibly air getting under the transducer. That might be a cause of your problem. Not sure if this helps.

Setting at the dock in 6ft of water they show almost the exact same depth. I have a bunch of previous screenshots from months ago in multiple depths from 40 ft to over 200 ft. And the units were only 1 ft apart on depth reading. This is something that has gotten worse lately. I was thinking it was possibly related to the software upgrade. Wondering if its some setting I dont know about or if anyone else is seeing this.

The loosing bottom was because i was running in chopping conditions. And I typically run a lower gain when running. This keeps the screen clean but the turbulence shows up as spaces and not noise from top to bottom. In auto mode thats what you will see here.

DeepSouthTx,

We would like to collect some data from your machine to investigate this further. When you find a convenient time can you ask for Clayton in tech support?

Thanks
Johnny

Back