Dff3D 3D history mode coverage angle

DeepSouthTX

Furuno Fan
I got a PM that raised a good question. It appears as though the cross section mode shows the full 120 degree coverage of the sonar. Maybe the triple beam as well but Im not sure how to verify that like the cross section mode. The 3d history does not seem to show the full 120 degrees. 3d history shows approx a 1 to 1 ratio to each side. 100 ft of water shows 200ft of total bottom coverage. Could someone confirm and explain if this is just a technical limitation of that mode? And also the coverage of the triple beam. Thank you

Screenshot 2020-10-12 184519.png

Good morning DeepSouthTx,

Thank you for your inquiry.

You pose an interesting question about the DFF3D History mode and the width of information shown in that display. I don't have any answer for you on that, but will research and report back when available.

The the Triple Beam Sounder: The display for the triple beam sounder, you have a port, center and starboard fish finder display available in the triple beam view. The area covered for each beam (port, center, starboard) is an option that you can select by tapping the screen in that display and select Beam Width (20,30,40 deg) and the Beam Angle (20,30,40,50 deg). When you make an adjustment to either the beam width and/or beam angle the coverage in the triple beam fish finder will reflect that coverage.

Below is an example:
View attachment DFF3D Beam Width and Beam Angle.pdf

Kind Regards

C-Bass

It seems DFF3D can only map 2x depth width coverage. I believe it is the technical limitation of dff3d and Furuno fail to make this clear in its brochure.

Being able to scan 600 feet area in 300 feet of water is "ONLY"? This is very widebeam. The brochure doesn't make any claims that are not true which I could locate. If you find something that you believe untrue please let us know and I will pass it to the marketing folks.

Back