DFF3

T

tbaxl

Currently running a DFF1 and unknown 1K ducer that just got me on the water, time to move up for my deep water runs so I have a DFF3 on the shelf but need some guidance as this is my first high power transducer.
I fish as shallow as 75 feet, rarely, usually 130 to 500 then 850 to 2500 and need recommendations as to which one and while I prefer through hull with faring, I have read some horror stories of the high power ducers causing problems in not mounted properly due to size, and I like the the idea of closing up all the obsolete thru hulls and going with a tank system. Boat is a 48 Ocean Yacht with all glass bottom so give me something to think about.
Tim

tbaxl,

If you have a DFF3, I would take a look at the R109LH. It operates at any frequency between 38 kHz - 75kHz and 130 kHz - 210 kHz. When adjusting the frequency, it allows you to change the R109's beam width and depth capabilities.

If you are bottom fishing in 200' of water, the narrow high-frequency beam will display extreme bottom detail and fish holding tight to any structure. If you want to go tuna or marlin fishing in deep water, the wider, low-frequency beam will not only give deep-water bottom detail, but more importantly show you more of what is around your vessel, including bait which may attract these game fish.

And the transducer is a good match for your size of vessel.

I hope this information helps..? ;)
-Deep Blue

Helps very much, that is pretty much what I had read and was thinking I needed. I appreciate the confirmation.
Tim

Back