DFF3 - UHD

seaquin

Furuno Fan
Saw the news of the newly released DFF3-UHD and am looking for more info, I won't be making it to the Miami show so hopefully you guys can answer my questions.

Where does this unit fit in the lineup? Is this functionally any different that a TZT3 and DI-FFAMP combo? Will a two display network be able to handle a third (or fourth if you include DFF3D) sonar?

The DFF3-UHD will network with ANY TZTouch3 MFD, including the TZT9F as well as the TZT2BB. The DI-FFAMP only works with the 12", 16" and 19" TZTouch3 MFDs.
Much like the DI-FFAMP, the DFF3-UHD operates 2/3kW transducers. However, the DFF3-UHD is a network sounder whereas the DI-FFAMP had to marry up to a TZTouch3 internal sounder to amplify the signal.
You may only have two fish finders in a Furuno network. Internal, network or FCV. However, the DFF3D is a multibeam sonar that does not count towards your two fish finder limit. The DFF3D is the only exception to the rule of two. Regarding internals, a built in "internal" fish finder does not count as a fish finder until a transducer is attached to it.

Aggeloseco,

The DFF3-UHD will not connect to AIRMAR’s TM265LM as it’s only a 1kW Transducer. :noway But the TM265LM will connect to the TZT3 MFD, and in fact the TZT3 has that transducer selection already programmed for it.

Keep in mind that the DFF3-UHD is Dual Band CHIRP and CW Fish Finder that has the output power of 2-3 kW for CHIRP Transducer, and 2-3 kW output for Conventional Wave Transducers . The unit’s network connection to the TZT3 (V.3 + software) or TZT2BB (V.9 + software) is via Ethernet

Also keep in mind that the TZT9 only has single channel CHIRP Internal Sounder.

I hope this information helps..? :)
- Deep Blue

My understanding the DFF3-UHD will be similar performance to the existing DI box but will allow units like the TZT2 and TZT9F that can't use the DI box to have the abilities added to their boats. You can pretty much see the DFF3-UHD as a TZT3 internal sounder and DI box combined into a single network package. While we are not yet selling the DFF3-UHD the performance is expected to be about the same but maybe a tad better due to the integration. It wouldn't be something an existing TZT3 customer with DI box would need to consider.

A few questions if anyone can help, I'd like to look at both sides of a CM599lhw on one screen.

1. I see the CM599lhw is listed as compatible. As the high-wide side of this transducer is 1kw, will I have to run those wires to a different sounder or can the DFF3-UHD sort this out?

2. If not, would a TZT3 with the DI-FFAMP be able to handle both the high and low?

3. How do the DFF3-UHD and DI-FFAMP compare to the FCV-1900?

Any help is appreciated.

Back