DFF3 UHD Transducer Options

Omega

Just ordered a new Furuno system and this announcement has me considering making a pivot in my sonar package. Anybody know what transducers were matched up to get the most out of the DFF3 UHD unit coming to market?

Boat is a 48 Cabo

Transducer selection still depends on the boat, the species you want to target, the type of fishing you are doing, the depth range you will be in, will you be running other fish finders or a DFF3D, and a lot of user preference.
The list of transducers which are supported should be populated on the website soon.
I would speak with end users or dealers in your area doing the same kind of fishing that you intend to do. They will be the most familiar with what transducers have been bringing success in your region.

I am well aware of what boaters in my area use. I am also well aware of what transducers are offered by Airmar.

I specifically want to know when Furuno created this new sounder box what transducers were they using to gather the results and marketing they are claiming.

The 1kw HW is a must in our fishery and is awesome.

After that most boaters do a combination of things but most is a function of budget and vessel size. Most guys run a dome radar. Doesn't mean that is the best.

On my previous sportfish I had a R599LM using the DFF3 along with a B175HW

On the current boat I was planning to pivot to a B275LHW and B54 but the announcement of the DFF3 UHD has me thinking about maybe going to the R409LWM and B285HW.

It is a bit early question to ask, because the product isn't delivering yet and the software on both the TZT3 and the sounder will be completely diffrent than any pre-production information we have available now. Here are the transducers that are programmed in now, with more coming via software updates.

PM111LH, R111LH, PM111LHW, PM111LM, PM411LWM, R109LM, R109LHW, PM542LM, CM599LH, CM599LHW, CM599LM, R509LM, R509LHW, R599LH, R599LM

Johnny thank you. This DFF3 UHD really appears to be a nice addition to the Furuno lineup. I am going to pivot my recent Furuno order and utilize the existing B260 for this next few months while the new sonar products come to market.

The DFF3 UHD will be the final piece to the new system on order.

Back