Dff1 with ss260 sea temp issue on TZ Professional

DuganD

I run time zero professional v3.054. Ss260 transducer with only sea temp is showing stw sentences in TZ Professional port monitor. No sst being found. Will a update to dff1 help? How do I update dff1 with no mfd? Hope someone has seen this and has a solution all equipment is working fine other then this

It sounds like a problem related to the PC software unless you have your DIP switches in the sounder setup incorrectly. There are some test switches that shouldn't be messed with in the sounder (DIP SW S2 , #2,#3,#4) that can cause strange things.

What has Nobeltec/TZ said about the problem?

They have put it on furuno and Furuno has said to contact nobeltec i emailed Airmar as well and they said contact furuno amd nobeltec so nobody really wants to look into it. I have tested ohms on transducer pins 4 and 7 transducer is working it’s just not getting data to the computer properly

On the MFDs there is a temp source that must be selected but not sure how TZ Pro does it. If you are a USA customer, you can always send the DFF1 into the service center for testing or connect it to a friends MFD to test for yourself. What country do you live?

What Nobeltec told me was transducer was to new and fancy for dff1 but I recently ran part numbers and ss260 part number said it’s for a hummingbird sounder and the plug from transducer has less pins the the dff1 so it goes to an adapter cable to make it 10pin and plug into dff1. Upon reading the airmar wiring info on the hummingbird part number which matches my transducer I believe the data is getting lost when going to the furuno 10 pin adapter cable.any thoughts on how to remedy this.

I recommend you talk to Gemeco (1-843-210-7000) about options. (Daughter company of Airmar/ who does Airmar's tech support) Not all manufacturers use the same value temp sensor. If they sold you the wrong transducer returning it might be the best option and have them provide the correct model. If that isn't possible, Gemeco can look to see if it is possible to use the other manufacturers transducer with the DFF1. It is most likely possible for the sounder transmissions but the temp might not be compatible.

Back