DFF1 Problem

alexschewe

I am writing to you about a problem we are having with a DFF1 Sounder.

It was connected to a Navnet VX2 RDP-149. According to the client, it was working until one day it stopped recognizing it. When connecting, there is no way in the Display to know if it recognizes it. We have tested even in the installation menu modifying the IP parameters, but this does not change. However, the LAN light flashes as if there is a data exchange.

The other test was done with the TimeZeroPro. The computer detects it on the network with IP 172.31.92.1. If I make a ping to the equipment, it responds. But trying to look for it in TZ the same thing happens and does not work or recognize DFF1.

When testing the Sounder in “Factory Test” mode (with Switch 3 on) as indicated in the operation manual, it emits echos. But it also cannot be detected over the network.

I hope you have some ideas on how to proceed.

Thanks,

Alex.

Hi Alex,

With the DFF1 connected to the VX2, can you go into menu > system configuration > system setup > test and clear > memory I/O test and then network sounder test.
If you can get into that page, the VX2 sees the DFF1. If it just beeps and stays at the page the unit does not recognize a DFF1 is connected. We might try another network cable or bypass any hubs and go direct.
Or I would recommend sending the box into our Service Center for evaluation.

The DFF1 may not be recognized by the TZT Pro or a TZT display because of software incompatible, (Old software on the DFF1). So you might be able to ping the DFF1 with a laptop but with TZT, it may not recognize the DFF1.

Hi Kicker,
Thanks for your response.

I will try the network sounder test on the VX2.

About the other question, my problem is not with a TZTouch MFD. I was trying to connect it to Time Zero Professional installed into a PC. I find strange to hear that there is an incompatibility with that software, because in the TZPro User Manual there is a guide explaining how to connect a DFF1 Sounder.

But firstly I will try the sounder test tomorrow on the VX2, as it was connected and working that way on board.

Thanks,
Alex.

I am not 100% sure for TZ Pro but I know for our TZT displays, the DFF1 has to be on 2.02+ software to be compatible. Just making a reference of why the TZ Pro may not see the DFF1, but you can ping it.

Hi,

We have done several tests.

The DFF1 does not respond to the Sounder Test unless the Test Mode it's activated (MODE Switch 3 ON). That way it works and I can see the Depth on the screen and it transmits Echos.

The other thing I've tried is to Hard Reset the DFF1 (DIP Switch 4 ON and pressing the button for 20s). And it worked but only once. When I disconnect and connect again, it did not work again.

So, we know that the Network cable and the VX2 are working as expected. We also tried to do the software upgrade doing all the steps, but the software on the computer does not recognize the DFF1.

I don't know what else to try, maybe the only option is to change the DFF1.

Thanks for your attention.

Alex.

Hi Alex,

Are you moving the dip switches outside or inside of the DFF1?

You should only really be touching the dip switches inside of the box on S2 for power output for a 600w or 1kw transducer.

For the mode switches on the outside of the box , it should be set to 1 and 4 to on for a VX2. Can you make sure that's how the mode switches are set and if you cannot get into the "network sounder test" page on the VX2, something is wrong with the DFF1. Recommend sending the unit in for service for further evaluation.

No RMA number or initial payment is required. Please make sure to include your contact information. The address is listed below for your convenience.

Furuno USA
Attn: Service
4400 NW Pacific Rim Blvd.
Camas, WA 98607-9408

Back