Depth Page showing blank white screen

Greetings,

I have dual TZT 14.1. For depth/fish finder I have the DFF1 but do not know sounder sensor model number. On a recent trip, I got an alarm that the fish finder signal lost.

I repowered the system today, did not get the alarm but have no depth reading on the TZT's and the fish finder display page is just a white page. I disconnected the power to the DFF1 and got the "Fish finder signal lost". Reattached the power and the alarm clear but still no depth/still white screen.

Went into the menu for sounder and saw there was none selected so I clicked DDF1. No change. The Sounder menu has a place for selecting the sensor but I do not know the model number of mine. How can I determine the model number?

Any ideas or suggestions on fixing the "white page" problem?

Thanks!

topcorner18,

When you get that white screen on your sounder page, is there any Range Scale on the right side of the screen..? :think

This could be a result of a Network Cable not making a good connection (RJ45 Connector) to the DFF1 Module, the Hub, or to the VX2 Display. :(

- Deep Blue

FIred up the system tonight. Blank white screen with no range scale, no depth information on my data pages, and no soundings in the display.

I removed and reseated all the cables at the DFFi and the network cable that runs from the DFF1 to my Port side furuno (where it has always gone.) When I remove the power cable from DFF1 I get the message that the FishFInder has disconnected so it appears when the power is on, the TZTs see it. Seems like the sensor has disappeared and as I mention in my original note, there does not seem to be a sounder model selected and I don't know how to find my model. It is about a foot long down in the engine room floor. WOuld it be stamped on it somewhere?

Thoughts on next steps?
Thanks

topcorner18,

Would it be possible to provide a picture of what you are seeing on the Sounder Screen..?

- Deep Blue :think

This is Port TZT has full screen fish finder window - all white. 20210327_112027.jpg

The rest of the photos go thru the current menu settings for the sounder.
Can see DFF1 is selected but no transducer. I tried transducers 520-SPSD, 525-SPWD and 520-5MSD. Nothing changed.
20210327_112050.jpg
20210327_112057 (Large).jpg

I also tried to run the simulator, still white screen. I saw two reset buttons under the simulator but did not know if they reset the entire furuno system or just the sounder so I stayed away from those. I don't mind resetting the sounder as I have recorded all the settings but do not want to reset the entire system.

Rest of menu photos:
This one shows the simulator in shallow mode. When I exited out of the menu system nothing had changed.
20210327_112128.jpg

This one shows the transducer selection blank and is where I tried the three xducrs mentioned in the previous reply. Again, When I exited out of the menu system with each try nothing had changed.
20210327_112157.jpg

topcorner18,

I noted that the External KP has been turned "ON". :noway
External KP.jpg

Please select the External KP to "OFF" and this should restore sounder operations. You still might have to select the correct transducer that is connected to your DFF1.

-Deep Blue

Deep Blue,

It worked! Here is a photo of the screen with my boat docked at my house after depth sounder running for a few minutes. Waster is about 7 ft.

One more question - is there a way to increase the size or "boldness" of the depth indicators on the right side of the display? I can hardly see them.

I also have no idea how that external KP got enabled. I don't think I have ever been on that actual set-up page but then, I don't know how a transducer or DFF1 was also not selected. Oh well, Back in action.

Thank you!
Tim

Attachments

• 20210401_130134.jpg
    20210401_130134.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 770
Back