Configuration with 2 TZT16s, radar, and depth sources on 2nd unit

Gyrfalcon

We have two TZT3s. When we turn off the master, we get an alarm on the second TZT3 that says No Chart Master detected, and also lose radar and depth. If we turn on the second TZTZ3 first, we also have no radar and no depth (no connection is the display). The data source for the second unit is Current TZT3, and preferred DFF1. When I go into Data source and set STW to DFF1, the source is still shown as TZT16 current, DFF1 preferred. For depth, I don't have the option to chose DFF1, but can chose TZT16 or IF-NMEA2K2. When I chose IF-NMEA2K2, the current source is still TZT16. Radar says RD003006-DRS_OPEN, and there are no other choices.

How can we set the charts and data sources to be able to use the secondary unit if there were a problem with the primary unit?
Thanks!

It sounds like there is a networking issue going on. What hub are you using? Are the network cables all shielded type with metal connectors?

H-we have a HUB-101. I took a photo of the cables, but not sure if that's enough to tell you if they are shielded. If not, please tell me how I can get the information for you (sorry about the delay--we didn't have the opportunity to crawl into the space under the pilothouse until recently).

Attachments

• 20230818_193117.jpg
    20230818_193117.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 22
What is the IF-NMEA2K2 being used for?

Those cables look to be factory (most of them anyway). You'll need to show us a pic of the plug (assuming they're all the same). That top one looks different than the others.

Losing the chart master when one is turned off is normal, but you shouldn't lose radar or depth.

One thought is to unplug everything from the network and begin testing, adding one device at a time to see if you can isolate the issue?

Hi--
Problem solved. Kudos to John Kourn and Alan Terry from Furuno for figuring out the problem. They determined that the second TZT unit had been daisy chained to the first unit, instead of being wired to the hub. We switched the connecting wire that previously connected TZT #1 to TZT #2 to connecting the hub to TZT #2 (and upgraded the wire to one with metal-shielded connectors). All is well!

Back