CMOR South Florida V4

Status
Not open for further replies.

seaquin

Furuno Fan
Is there a time frame for updating the South Florida CMOR charts from V3 to V4? Need to order codes for my new TZT3 units and would like to get the latest software.

No MapMedia hasn't established any update date for the next revision. I am not sure why CMOR is finding it necessary to update that region so often. I expect they are minor changes and most customers are not willing to pay the full price again for a minor update. I suppose it is a good way to push sales. There is no upgrade discounts for CMOR due to small customer base and the costs of converting them to the proper format. I am sorry, we have no expected date to offer. Having the TZT3, you might consider the DFF3D if you don't have one. The PBG with that has been very good. I will pass your desire to buy the update to MapMedia.

Thanks Johnny, I know they did some more private mapping with their survey boat that is included on the V4.

DFF3D will be on the boat as soon as I can get my hands on a 165T-PM542LM

Johnny Electron":1c9ny7wp said:
No MapMedia hasn't established any update date for the next revision. I am not sure why CMOR is finding it necessary to update that region so often. I expect they are minor changes and most customers are not willing to pay the full price again for a minor update. I suppose it is a good way to push sales. There is no upgrade discounts for CMOR due to small customer base and the costs of converting them to the proper format. I am sorry, we have no expected date to offer. Having the TZT3, you might consider the DFF3D if you don't have one. The PBG with that has been very good. I will pass your desire to buy the update to MapMedia.

PBG is great if you have unlimited time and money for gas, CMOR & Navionics relief shading can literally get you on fishey bottom from your couch without spending a cent on gas. What is the time frame for being able to use Navionics relief shading?

I was with the CMOR people yesterday and they showed me the difference between V3 and V4 for S. Florida.

Their upgrade fee is $100 if you own V3.

I have 2 boats and use Simrad on one, TZT3 on the other. The V4 has much more data.

So, yes, there is a value to go to version 4 and is not all about money. They have costs to add the data to their maps.

So the question is asked again, when do you think V4 will be available on Furuno?

Is there an upgrade path for $100 with CMOR on Furuno.

I called Nobletec, they have no idea when the software will be updated. All we can do as end users is keep requesting it from them.

Agreed, I have already showed MapMedia this thread and pushed them. From a support aspect the question has been asked and answered. As I always say, not everyone will always like the answer, but we will get you one. I will reopen this topic if we hear any news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back