Chirp Question

Cfc1215

I have 3 TZ3 MFDs which I added a furuno bff3 uhd with a B265LH transducer installed yesterday. My TZ3 still only shows 50/200 frequency on the sounder screen. I read in some other posts this view is normal but in the actual menu, there is no mention of chirp and the only selectable frequencies are 50, 200 and dual. Is that normal or is some setting incorrect. Also the 265 transducer is fairly close to the transducer for the RD33, will they interfere with each other, should they be synched in anyway? Thank in advance for the help.

A smart transducer (used by the RD33) runs off 235khz so there won't be any issue with interference of frequencies. What is shown in your transducer setup for the sounder? Did you happen to mean the DFF1-UHD sounder that would run a transducer like the B265LH? The DFF3-UHD will only run 2 and 3 KW transducer and should never connect to the 1KW B265LH.

Thank you for the reply, I miss typed, I have the DDF1-UHD, think you for the response, so I am ok with the RD33. The first part of my question now that I corrected the sounder, the screen still only shows 50/200 frequency and in the actual menu, there is no mention of chirp and the only selectable frequencies are 50, 200 and dual, is this normal. Thank you for the help

A smart transducer (used by the RD33) runs off 235khz so there won't be any issue with interference of frequencies. What is shown in your transducer setup for the sounder? Did you happen to mean the DFF1-UHD sounder that would run a transducer like the B265LH? The DFF3-UHD will only run 2 and 3 KW transducer and should never connect to the 1KW B265LH.
Yes I mistyped DDF1 UHD, will I see just 50 and 200 in selectable frequencies

Not on the operational screen. What is shown under the transducer setup it should be setup to the MODEL and the B265?

I am not in front of the display now but it showed the 265 as the transducer and a ttid or something like that

Okay as long as the transducer setup is correct, it is fine. We have a software issue where some of the transducers show the LF side as 50 and the HF as 200 but it is just a programming mistake. The sounder is CHIRPing if you have it setup correctly as the B265LH. I would recommend ensuring your TZT3 is running the newest v3.5 software. I thought they fixed that minor software bug but maybe it is still on their todo list.

Back