checking charts help

buckshot

Furuno Super Fan
This is way too hard! There needs to be a better way to see if all your loaded charts are up to date. This is the only way I know how to do it.
- pull the memory card from units
-open them on home computer
-search and find the same maps on timezero
-TRY to compare the file names to see if they look different from memory card
-download only to see they are the same :angry

Please tell me I am doing this wrong. Maybe offer us a download that would give us all the current charts/images for a desired location and just delete/replace the old/current ones?
Or at least a list of newly updated charts.

Lee

Have you tried clicking on the screen and picking "chart info" that shows the MM3 production date for the chart currently being used?

Ultimately since NOAA and other charts are updated at least once a year, if it has been over 1 year since you purchased your unit or since you conducted a chart update; it is old. To know how old, you can click on the chart info. To know exactly how many revisions you are old would require you to compare the map version with what is available at Furuno USA or MapMedia.

The NN3D had automatic method of letting customer know that newer charts had become available but that feature was more trouble than it was worth and didn't carry over into the TZT or TZT2.

Back