Charts and unlock codes

Jagsare1

Furuno Fan
I read the manual and I am not seeing the answers to these questions.

I thought charts were already built in to the TZTouch 2?

I thought charts were free but I see terminology that says I should go to a dealer and they will charge me for them?(of course, I don't have a local dealer that I can work with)

What are "unlock codes"?
Why do I need unlock codes?
Where would I get them and how would I use them?

Do I understand that codes that I download are never stored on the machine but always on the Micro SD card?

Sorry for all the questions but I am not finding the answers I need. Thanks.

The free NOAA raster and vector charts come with the unit loaded onto a micro-SD card that goes into a slot on the back. That gives you full coverage of the entire US. There are additional satellite photos that can be downloaded for free from the Furuno website and copied onto an SD card.

Don't you see the charts? You pick whether you want raster or vector in the chart setup menu and also can control the detail on the vector charts. If you are not seeing any carts,maybe the micro-SD card was not installed?

The unlock codes are for optional C-Map and Navionics charts for areas such as the Bahamas. The US charts are free.

I downloaded some charts. I put them in the machine but either I can't find them or something in the settings is wrong. I did see that the card that came with it has charts and I took it out of the machine not knowing that. Today was literally the first day using the chartplotter. I saw Bahamas charts in the free area so I hope those are available for download.

Maybe a part of the same question is that I put the plotter in satellite now can't figure out how I did that and how to put it back into normal chart view. :think

I couldn't even get it to consistently swipe from the sides, top or bottom. Doing something wrong.

There are no free charts outside of the USA, they would require a license. (other than the world base charts and you can't use those to navigate by) This unit has the entire western hemisphere loaded so it is unlikely you need to load any charts; only purchase a license and unlock it. If you swipe up from the bottom you should see the setting to turn overlay of SAT off. It might be good if you can contact tech support while you are in front of the unit to talk you through some of this.

This isn't about charts but about unlock codes. I would like to annotate the PDF copy of the operating and installation manuals, but the documents are locked. Can you provide an unlock code or a link to a version that allows comments and highlighting?

Japan locks the manuals and we can't not provide unlocked versions.
From experience, if you print the PDF to a PDF file and OCR it to make it searchable, it should accomplish what you are seeking.

Back