Chart updates and tides

Gyrfalcon

Hi--
I have a TZT14. I use Jeppesen charts. Last time I updated charts, I had problems, so I want to verify the steps I need to use.
When I click on my calendar, I find that my chart, WVJNAM025MPA05.1, is out of date (BC--Seattle to Alaska border). In the catalog of downloadable charts on Furuno, I see this chart: MM3-VNA-025. Is this the updated version of my current chart?

It looks like the unlock code is just good for a version. Does this mean I need to repurchase the chart?

The preloaded card in my left SD drive is 60 GB, and only has 2+ GB free. Does it make sense to replace with a higher capacity card (copy it over)? Or just leave it and add a second card (see below--related question).

Then there's the matter of uploading the file. I reviewed the youtube video (which was very good) and reviewed FAQs and this forum, but still have some questions.
If I download the above chart, unzip/extract, then copy to a larger SD card (that has been formatted with SD Formatter 4.0 or later)., and put the SD card in the right slot, how does the TZT know which chart to use? Do I need to delete the older version? Can I leave the new chart on the right SD?

My related concern has to do with tides and currents. I can't figure out how to know if I have a current version, and, if not, how to get current. Where would I find this information?

Thanks in advance!
MV Gyrfalcon

Back