Chart questions

buckshot

Furuno Super Fan
I have 2 new TZT3 16's
I am having trouble figuring out what charts are preloaded and what I need to download. The chart numbers in the units do not reflect the chart numbers on the Furuno website.
I want the satellite overlay pics for the east coast

MM3-USS-011, and 012,013,014,015,016,017,018

I am not sure about these, they are described as "detailed fishing charts".

MM3-NAT-002
MM3-NAT-003
MM3-USF-001

These charts look like they need to be purchased. I think they are CMap charts. It looks like one is fishing contours only and the other is fishing and inland navigation. Is the inland navigation information better than the charts that are already appearing on my units? Can I see some screenshots of my local area "Morehead City/Beaufort NC" to compare before purchase?
MM3-FNA-022 $100.00

MM3-VNA-022 $250.00

Also, are there any other charts recommended for fishing and cruising the East coast?
I have the DFF3d coming but the ducer is backordered. I will eventually be able to PBG charts.
Thanks

We do not add the satellite photos from the factory so you are on the right track there. Just toss the downloaded and unzipped files on to your chart card.

MM3-NAT-002 and MM3-NAT-003 are 3D data files but we stopped making the bottom 3D with TZT.

MM3-USF-001 is already in the machine. It's the NOAA bathymetric charts that show up in the canyons.

MM3-VNA-022 is the navigation chart.
MM3-FNA-022 is the fishing/bathymetric chart.
If you purchase an unlock code for the navigation chart it will include the bathymetric chart with it.
Both of these are already on your chart card. You would just need an unlock code from a dealer. They would want the part numbers you have provided and your System ID.

If you proceed to the link to download the chart, they typically have the same file name shown that the TZT/2/3 would show you.

If you call or email tech support with coordinates and the chart information they are allowed to give you a couple screen shots.

Brandon made a video that might be handy here. Ignore the mention of Navionics as they are no longer supported in the TZTouch lineup. This video is likely to be redone sometime soon.
https://youtu.be/ddOa3GyJw-s

Thanks
So I just need to decide if I want the 250.00 or 100.00 CMap chart and download the Satellite files.

will downloading all the satellite files for the east coast slow down the TZT3 ? Is the TZT trying to run the files even when you are only looking at a small area?
What is recommended?

The more overlays and features you turn on, the more you are giving the processor to do. However running the satellite photo overlay is the most common thing we see on customer vessels and nobody has complained to us.
The TZT/2/3 will only run what is in the display when it comes to charts and weather.
If you want to maximize room for added charts or photos, I would recommend deleting any charts that you do not use. The chart card we send with the units from Furuno USA are preloaded with charts for the Americas. North, Central, and South. The less that is on the card, the less there is for the processor to index. Theoretically, this would at least speed up the time it takes for the charts to load up and/or redraw.

I unlocked the Cmap Chart package today.
250.00 retail

FISHNA022V1.1-USA East Coast and Bahamas

908PHOTOS1.1-Bahamas

WVJNAM022MAP22.1-USA - East Coast and Bahamas

I cannot tell any difference in the new CMap Navigational chart and the chart that was displayed on the unit out of the box. I am hoping that for 250.00 it will be more detailed.
I also thought the Navigational and Fishing contours were together in one chart. Unless I am doing something wrong it looks like I will still need to change from Navigation to fishing each time I leave the inlet.

In the USA, you won't see a lot of difference between C-map and NOAA vector on the normal navigation chart it is very dependent on the area. For the Bahamas it is huge because you now have charts. What NOAA provides is just placeholder info and not a navigable chart. Too many have tried going to the Bahamas without charts and it isn't recommended. If it is fishing bathy you wish to see; c-map provides that under the "Fishing" chart selection. You will need to change your chart selection by swiping up. It is very good bathy but most times you need to range in and see how it adds more bathy details as you range close in. The chesapeake bay is a good example where that C-map bathy (Fishing) is a big plus over what is shown on the pre-loaded (free) stuff and that C-map navigation chart that have only spot soundings and few lines.

Back