Can't cancle alarm

Keta

I have the Navpilot 300, TZT 3 paired into a Volvo with their newer DPI drive. It works well once we got the gateway figured out et cetera.

One problem that I can't figure out. I even "shock" read the manual.
When using the nav feature from the TZT 3 if I have to grab the wheel to dodge a crab buoy or something in the water the pilot will alarm which I'm sure it should do. The problem is I can't cancel the alarm or beeping from the pilot head. There isn't a cancel button on the TZT 3 that I can find.

So far the only way I can cancel the beeping is to reboot the pilot. Just wondering if I have missed something or is it just a glitch with the system working through Volvo's EVC system???
Thanks....Kim

Is your "Sound Alarm Until Acknowledged" setting turned ON under MENU - SETTINGS - ALARMS? If it is, you should be able to touch at the top of the page where the alarm notice is and silence the alarm. If that doesn't stop the Alarm, please let us know. It might be useful to get the NMEA 2000 data from your bus for the engineers to look at. The alarm could be continually being sent by the volvo causing the Alarm to reoccur over and over as the PGN is received. You might also try turning OFF the "Notify when NavPilot is engaged" because we do that a lot with other DBW systems. While the DPI isn't officially supported, many users here have had good luck running them with with the NavPilot. The more we learn, hopefully they will adopt it officially. A data capture of your 2000 bus during the process/alarm would be helpful. (MENU - SETTINGS - INITIAL SETUP - ENABLE NMEA 2000 LOG [while having USB drive inserts to store captured data]) You can share with technical support by opening a support case at http://WWW.FurunoUSA.com - Get SUPPORT - ASK a QUESTION.

Hi,

Just wondering if there is an update to this thread? I too am looking to fit Furuno kit on my boat with VP DPI sterndrives. From what I read, the autopilot "works" but isn't officially supported. Has there been any movement on that from Furuno/VP. Also, did you manage to find a way to clear the alarms without having to reboot? Thanks

Back