Can C-MAP cards go bad?

I have a NavNet VX2 with a 2017 C-Map card that has worked flawlessly for years. Recently my VX2 is having issues starting up, sometimes is freeze on the map immediately after boot, and sometimes boots to a black screen and I never see a map. If I remove the C-MAP card - it boots up perfectly every time, so I suspect some kind of data-corruption on the card.

Anyone else experienced this?

I have seen that issue before and it is normally the chart card going bad. You mighty talk to C-map because I think they offer a trade in program towards the purchase of a new one. You might also test your SD card reader by using a blank to backup your waypoints and settings. If the card reader works well then it is most definitely the Map Chip giving you issues.

Haven't got in touch with C-Map yet, they seem to be busy over holidays, but today the NavNet booted fine with the card. I did notice that the C-Map SD cards are actually micro-SD cards inside a SD converter sleeve. It's possible there is a pin-contact problem with the sleeve or something. I'm going to replace that first and see if it keeps happening.

I had the same exact problem. Ended up switching out the SD converter sleeve and haven’t had an issue since!

Back