Bottom Fishing Transducer Recommendation

joetkach

I am looking at adding a transom mount 50/200 transducer to my TZT2 for bottom fishing on the east coast of Florida (Sebastian/FT Pierce and the Keys). I currently have a B175HW running off of a Humminbird Helix that I believe covers the water column and suspended fish. Looks like my choices are 525T-PWD (P66) ($150ish), TM258 ($800ish), and TM260 ($1100ish). I will normally be fishing in less that 300', but may want to reach out to 600' occasionally.

I am trying to rationalize the spending of the additional $$ for either the TM258 or TM260. Any one with first hand experience or other recommendations? As I understand it, I would only get Bottom Discrimination on the cheaper P66.

Thank you

My vote would be for the P66. You should still get depth coverage on the LF side even at 600ft (your max occasional depth) but most of your fishing covered well by both freqs.
https://airmar.com/bottom-calculator.html?refid=P66
With the P66 you would get enhanced rezboost (no biggy), Bottom discrimination from 16ft to about 325ft (nice) and accufish (the bomb). For your depths of fishing, I would save the money and go with the P66.

Back