Bits and Pieces - TZT

A

Anonymous

Greetings, been running the MFD14 TZT about 18mths and a vast improvement on the NN3D (IMHO anyway) - well done.

Over this time ive experienced a few oddities and wondered whether others had to, and if so, is there was a fix.

1. I use the TZT as plotter and an 1150 for sounding. When i record an event, i like the option to save a screen shot of the sounder. However, by defualt it saves a picture of the plotter not the sounder. If i have in split screen mode it will take a picture of both. Is there a way to select only the sounder shot in the event info while only displaying the plotter in full screen?

2. When i bought it, i liked the idea that i could scroll back on the sounder history and add a waypoint by touching fish markings. In practice, has anyone else found this feature to be hopelessly inaccurate (x10's yds)?

3. I still run dual NN VX2's on my tender and like the single-press MOB function for quick marking fish. On the TZT is there a faster way to create a mark other than 1/ pressing rotokey 2/ select event 3/ select type of event, or, tapping the screen (inaccurate for the small ground i fish)? Seems like a step backward to do away with the MOB function (if this is the case anyway).

4. When on mild overzoom i often lose position for 15-20sec (unit alarms 'position lost') but always seems to self resolve and always takes around the same duration. Anyone else experienced this? Im not sure its anything to do with overzoom but thats just when i notice it.

5. I run maxsea PBG on a laptop concurrently to map bottom however wpts entered on the TZT dont feed through automatically to maxsea. They are 'talking' fine as i get all nav and depth data. i assume this is just a setting change to make data sync?

Love the setup, but would love it more if i could iron out a few (most likely self inflicted) bumps in functionality. Cheers and apologies if these are simple fixes. I just cant get a workaround with my limited tech smarts.

If I have in split screen mode it will take a picture of both. Is there a way to select only the sounder shot in the event info while only displaying the plotter in full screen?

No, it does a screen shot of exactly what is on your screen at that point in time. If you want a capture of a full screen sounder; you must be on a full screen sounder page at the time; when you trigger the event. (which you can do)

On the TZT is there a faster way to create a mark other than 1/ pressing rotokey 2/ select event 3/ select type of event, or, tapping the screen (inaccurate for the small ground I fish)?

Beside the two finger tap feature, and ways you mentioned, you could wire a push button switch to your 18 Pin accessory cable to have an external MOB triggered. With the TZT you also have an optional keypad (MCU002) that you can purchase. It has buttons including the MOB.

When on mild overzoom i often lose position for 15-20sec (unit alarms 'position lost') but always seems to self resolve and always takes around the same duration. Anyone else experienced this? Im not sure its anything to do with overzoom but thats just when i notice it.

Never heard of it; it sounds like your GPS or NMEA 2000 backbone is having problems. I can't see how it would relate to zooming the chart. I recommend contacting your dealer.

I run maxsea PBG on a laptop concurrently to map bottom however wpts entered on the TZT dont feed through automatically to maxsea. They are 'talking' fine as i get all nav and depth data. i assume this is just a setting change to make data sync?

Integration is very dependent upon the type of MaxSea software and the version you are running. If you are outside the Furuno USA sales and support area please contact your local MaxSea distributor. If you are within our sales and support area please contact Nobeltec who now supports the MaxSea products for North America.

Johnny,

Many thanks. Grabbed the MC002 yesterday and should work a treat. Thanks for insights on other queries also.

Cheers

Back