B175 & TZT2

rockfshr

Furuno Super Fan
Is there a blac box depth finder that is compatible with a Tzt2 and B175H transducer? I don’t see on on the transducer matrix.

Thank you!

rockfshr":2ezgtcu4 said:
Is there a blac box depth finder that is compatible with a Tzt2 and B175H transducer? I don’t see on on the transducer matrix.

Thank you!

You could use a DFF1-UHD black box and connect the transducer cable to the HF terminals. I am not sure it would be worth spending the money, however, versus a good CW transducer such as a B164 that you could connect directly to the TZT 2.

The difference in performance between the 1kW fixed frequency (CW) 200Hz and the B175H CHIRP doesn't justify spending $1800 for a DFF1-UHD in my opinion.

I have a B175H and B175L that are driven by the internal sounder on a TZT3, which s essentially the same as a DFF1-UHD. On my old boat, I had a B164 and TZT 2s and have experience with both. You will see fish with either one.

TZT2 internal sounder is 50/500 unit. It would be exactly like Quitsa recommends. You would need to add a CHIRP sounder like the DFF1-UHD and then put a termination resistor on the LF side to prevent damage of the open channel.

Back