B164 & FCV1100L

sdonx

Furuno Fan
I have a B164 tilted element that I am not using. I was looking to tie it into a FCV1100L. Are they compatible. If no is the M422 compatible?

I also have a TZT16 is the B164 compatible with that?

The M422 is a CHIRP capable transducer while the B164 is a fixed frequency transducer. The FCV1100 is a fixed frequency sounder and would work with either. The internal sounder in a TZT 3 16 is capable of operating as a CHIRP sounder but it can also be set to use fixed frequencies.

So the answer to your question is that both of those transducers can be used with either one of the sounders. If you use the M422 with the TZT 3, you would be able to operate it in CHIRP mode.

If it were my boat, I would probably hook up the B164 to the FCV1100L and the M422 to the TZT 3. It's still tough to beat the older Furuno fixed frequency sounders like the FCV1100.

To be honest neither one of those transducers is at the higher end of th performance range but they will give a decent result.

Great thanks for all the info.
I am trying to make use of the B164 thats not getting used and use the old gem FCV1100.
One more quick question.
I deep drop for swordfish, could I mount a CM28F-18 internally in a wet box. I know I will loose some power, would it work for what I am trying to do. See fish and bait down to 2000 feet? I would hook it up to the FCV.

sdonx,

Bait is a much easier to detect than that of individual targets, especially at the depth you intend for swordfish.

The CA28F-18 is a 2kW transducer that will provide you better depth performance with a wider beam than that of the B164. The CA28F-18 has a beam width is 17 x 18, (the 17 degree beam width is fore/aft, and the 18 degree beam width is port/starboard.) If you use this transducer for your FCV1100, your fish targets will appear longer.

- Deep Blue :wink7

Back