Arrival estimate calculation not using current speed

I have a couple of TZT3-16s, but still use the iOS version of Navionic's Boating App to estimate arrival time based on my planned cruise speed parameters.

We use that calculation for every tournament. Towards the end of the fishing period, I enter the estimated cruise speed into the app and touch a destination point - which I must cross by a specific time to avoid disqualification. The app estimates run time between my current trolling point to the entered destination. I can change the speed used for the calculation in case the seas are rough and I have to slow down. On the Navionics app, the calculation is quite accurate.

Seems pretty simple - but as far as I know, the only way to get ETA information from my TZT3 is to actually be running at cruise speed. It bases calculations on current speed.

Is there a way to get the TZT3 to perform ETA calculations while I am still at my slow trolling speed?

At this point it seems more of a question than a suggestion so this thread is being moved under the TZT3 topic area.

Yes, you can set the speed used for the ETA calculations on a route. Ops manual para 5.10.4 shows how you can build a route and then go into your "lists" and pick the route from the route list. Choose Route Detail. It will show you each leg. At the top of that screen hit "Route Speed" to change the speed used to provide the estimated total time to arrive. The shown calculation will change based on your entered speed.

At this point it seems more of a question than a suggestion so this thread is being moved under the TZT3 topic area.

Yes, you can set the speed used for the ETA calculations on a route. Ops manual para 5.10.4 shows how you can build a route and then go into your "lists" and pick the route from the route list. Choose Route Detail. It will show you each leg. At the top of that screen hit "Route Speed" to change the speed used to provide the estimated total time to arrive. The shown calculation will change based on your entered speed.
Nice! Thanks for the detailed explanation - I'll give that a try and compare it to the Navionics app's method.

Back