Apples to Apples DFF3 vs DI-FFAMP same 2/3kw transducer

Does anyone have any screenshots of how a DFF3 paired with say a R509LH 3kw marks compared to the new DI-FFAMP with the same transducer. Same conditions, same day, same spots, etc. 200ft, 500ft, 800ft,1200ft,1500ft. CW 50/200 for the DFF3 and either high or low chirp for the DI-FFAMP. Also I know a selected CW frequency can be made for the DI-FFAMP as well, so say you select 50kHz, would it be comparable to the 50khz on the DFF3 just better resolution and detail? Hard to beat the way the DFF3 marks in deeper water but if the DI-FFAMP in either low chirp or a selected frequency performs better it should be a no brainer of what to get but I'd like to see some screen shots if possible.

thanks

Tailin Strange,
To get an apples to apples comparison you need a vessel (in an environment) that will allow you to do so. We are fortunate in that the vessel we have used in the past allows the mounting of two of the same style of transducer (see below). However we can't (as much as we would like to) take this testing platform around to different areas so this limits us to testing in local waters. The max depth in our testing region is only 1000 feet and we really don't have fish targets past 750 feet so we stay in an area that is right around 650-700 feet so we have things to look that. To answer your question we don't have any DFF3 to DI-AMP comparisons as we were more focus on fine tuning the DI-AMP during our testing. However I do have some Chirp vs. CW screen shots we did years ago, albeit in shallower water.

Snips

Attachments

• Comp #3.jpg
    Comp #3.jpg
    597.9 KB · Views: 1,190
  • Board.png
    Board.png
    969 KB · Views: 1,189
I gotcha. Yea the 600-750ft range would be enough to get an idea of how they compare in marking fish on the bottom and actual bottom itself. I’m wanting to see a comparison of how a standard dff-3 marks with the same r599 or 509 LH thay the DI-FFAMP would use because that’s what the boat manufacturer will be installing.

Tailin Strange,
Sorry I don't have any screen shots exactly like you are looking for. However when we were first testing the DI-AMP I have one where we switched TX modes from CW to Chirp that may be helpful. Here we were using a R-509LH.

Snips

Attachments

• TZT3ScreenShot_2019_10_01_11_06_05.png
    TZT3ScreenShot_2019_10_01_11_06_05.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,147
Seems like I'm going to have to roll the dice and hope the DI-FFAMP either used in the CW mode or chirp out performs the tried and true DFF3 with CW. I'm just scared it wont mark fish at or near the bottom as well as the FCV-1150 or a TZ unit paired with a DFF3 with the same transducer. The boat manufacturer is going to install the 3kw 599LM or LH no matter what so I just have to decide to go with the DI-FFAMP or the DFF3. 400-1600ft are the depths I'm concerned with.

Back