Alert Message Banner

Quitsa

Furuno Super Fan
Is there any way to disable the alert banner that appears at the top of the display? I have a problem with a spurious engine error and would like to disable the alerts so I don't have the yellow banner endlessly flashing.

None of the regular Alarm menu functions seems to affect the banner and there us nothing in the manual I can find. Thanks.

No, way to disable. The root cause would need to be addressed. If related to Yamaha there are some maintenance items that can be reset inside the TZT2 settings but if coming from the engines the interface would need to be disconnected or core error addressed for which the engines are sending the code for.

It's definitely coming from the engine because it goes away if the cable is disconnected. It is a Yamaha that is from the transition year when they first started to make NMEA 2000 data available off the engine.

I am going to make a log off the NMEA 2000 network and see if I can identify what is triggering the yellow banner messages. There isn't just one, it's a whole series including neutral start failure, "unknown engine" and a few others.

The correct engine data for fuel rate, RPMs, and engine temperature (all the data the engine is supposed to generate) do show up on the TZT2, which is also able to correctly display real-time fuel economy and track manual fuel tank.

Thanks.

There was some direct cables sold on the internet that would cause a mess of errors; that shouldn't be used. Correct interfacing would have a gateway/interface. If you have just a cable that is bad juju.

Back