Advice on a NavNet2BB System

D

dwightkruger

I am replacing my existing 20-year old Furuno radar system with a Navnet 2 BB system on a 80' long range trawler. Is this all of the equipment I need to have a functional system?

It is a pleasure craft that cruises the US pacific NW at the moment, with plans next year to cruise to Alaska, Mexico, Central America, South America and beyond.

1 TZT2BB NavNet TZtouch2 BB
1 DRS6AX 6KW UHD digital radar sensor
1 XN12A/4 Radiator Antenna Unit 4 ' (50" wide)
1 MU245T 24" Multi-touch Sunlight visible monitor

dwightkruger,

You do have a great list there, I would recommend adding a GPS Sensor like the GP330B and selecting a 600Watt/1kW transducer that will connect with TZT2BB's built in dual-frequency Fish Finder (50/200kHz).

:wink7

-Deep Blue

Thanks for the feedback DeepBlue. I already have two GPS sensors and two depth sounders, one of which is the Airmar UDST 800.

Do you have a specific NMEA 2000 depth sounder that integrates best with the NavNet TZtouch 2?

dwightkruger,

If you supply NMEA 2000 depth to the TZT2BB, it will only give you a digital readout, not any an echo sounder video.

The TZT2BB already has an internal echo sounder, all you need is to supply a transducer and the TZT2BB can give you "Bottom Discrimination" ability which is gives you seafloor composition of Rock, Sand, Mud, or Gravel. Something the NMEA2000 sounder cannot provide.

- Deep Blue

Back