Add a second display to the AP NavPilot 300

allrelative

Furuno Fan
I’ve had the NavPilot 300 for a couple years with TZT3s. Good set up! Today I tried to add a second display for the tower. When I plugged it in, it came up to the Initialize screen on the new display, then had a dozen errors and beeps, kept gong in circles. What is the process to add a 2nd display to the AP computer.

Thank for any and all help

Kevin

Thank you very much for the response. A little concerned about this not going smoothly, but will trust the Furuno process.

I was able to update the processor and one of the head units, but the new unit is stuck on the black screen, showing “updating”. Tried the process 4 times following with directions exactly from start to finish.
Any ideas or options?

While software going forward is pretty easy, downgrading software is not. Your new control head most likely had newer software making the downgrade a bit more contrary. The newest software isn't available for download as it requires special warning stickers for the newer Suzuki fish hunter features. The software fishtech provided was the newest before Suzuki implementation. To resolve, the best solution would be to send that new head into our Camas service center (by RMA from our website - Support - RMA) and let them recover it and send it back to you at no charge. Tell them that Johnny sent you and to put 1.09 controller software into it. They will fix you up quickly.

Last question, When it the newer software available? Asking because this is mounted in the Tower, not so easy to install.

Newer software is available and preloaded in newest pilots. For those who want to go beyond the software Fish tech offered, a software update kit would need to be purchased as it contains the required warning stickers that are mounted on the boat due to the abilities of Suzuki fishhunter drive. New units come with the require warning stickers.

Sent the unit back to Furuno, they called me and I explained the ask to put 1.09 controller software into it and the issue. They stated there was a “spot” on the brand new unit and they would replace. I printed up the post and the request to downgrade the unit.

Brand new AP received and get the same error.

Plugged in and this is what I get.

NEW Head unit
Processor: 01/08/01.05
Controller : 01:11:/01.06

Current Head unit
Controller : 01:09:/01.05

When you started this thread you had two control heads. The previous head was working correct? The new head you were going to request 1.09. If they somehow replaced the head yet didn't give you 1.09, you should talk with them again. The entire goal was to get the controller head the same as your existing.

Yes, Will have to give them a call back. After following the directions, which version should I have on my exciting Processor and Controller?
Controller : 01:09:/01.05

Back