AD-100 Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

d2snc

Hello everyone, on my ship there is an old furuno radar 1815, whose connection with the gyro was given by a digital analogue converter Furuno AD-100, which by its specifications made the transmission of the gyro signal in AD-10 format ( 25 ms and 200 ms). Recently a new radar was purchased for my ship (VisionMaster FT 250), and when I was making the connections, I discovered that this radar did not accept connections in AD-10 format from the AD-100, just NMEA. The problem is that my AD-100 transmits NMEA with a TX Interval of 1 second, that is, when I connect it to the radar the data arrives on the screen, however the radar does not stabilize (see photo below).

ttmkK49

With the above fact, I would like to ask and could someone help me with a solution?

1: If I connect the nmea output of the AD-100 to a gyro of the furuno with input to gyro, and then remove the cable through the NMEA output of the same gps and connect to the radar, could it work?

Commercial products are beyond the scope of this forum designed for our recreational products. If you are in the USA or Canada please contact our deep sea department for assistance. If you are outside of this territory you can find your nearest Furuno distributor at this site:
https://www.furuno.com/en/support/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back