Accu-fish 1670F

A

Anonymous

I have been using the 1670F for one year now and wanted to see how accurate the accu-fish function was since I can usually see the fish bite the lure. I fish mostly lake trout jigging around 100 FOW on or near the bottom. I usually have zoom bottom on with a 30' window which works great considering the bottom flattens out and the echos don't blend into the bottom. Several things I have learned.
1) when the fish/lure is moving the accu-fish will sometimes show a longer number than what it is actually reading
2) since I can't use dual frequency because of zoom bottom lock (split screen), I assume I am getting dual frequency since accu-fish alternates between 50 and 200 freq. But when I use LF with accu-fish it looks like a wide cone and HF in accu-fish looks like a narrow cone so I don't think 50 and 200 alternate equally or I would get the same reading on either frequency
3) if the echo has a number(size) then the echo is in narrow cone and no number attached means it is in the outer cone
I am impressed with the quality of Furuno and nobody has ever heard of Furuno (freshwater) where I live and I live in Washington state! Here are a few of the better screenshots.

Attachments

• furuno 1.docx
    110.5 KB · Views: 139
  • furuno 2.docx
    187.3 KB · Views: 136
  • furuno 5.docx
    160.4 KB · Views: 145
Sicilian,
Thanks for posting your nice screen shots. If you are using ACCU-FISH but only are displaying the 50Khz side, your targets are only going to reflect what is being detected in the 50Khz beam. Likewise for 200Khz side, so expect your targets will be displayed differently depending on the beam width of the selected frequency. ACCU-FISH is a nice fishing aid but I would like to refer you to section 7.15.1 in the operation manual (Considerations for ACCU-FISH) on the variables that can affect its overall accuracy. You are correct that the target need to go through both beams to be considered as a valid target.

Snisp

I assumed that in accu-fish mode it would not matter which frequency is used since 50/200 would alternate between each other and override the frequency chosen?

Sicilian,
Not exactly. While ACCU-FISH uses both frequencies to analyze targets you still may only see 50 or 200Khz depending how you have the display set up. You can have both 50 and 200khz displayed with ACCU-FISH if you want but you will lose the left side Bottom Zoom/Lock window.

Snips

I think I have run accu-fish with BL on and the window on the left shows a number on the arch.
Could you please look at screenshots 2 and 3 and see if that is how I set it up? Thanks

Sicilian,
Your pictures are labeled 1,2 & 5. In pictures #1 & #2 you are using Bottom Lock and #5 is either Marker or Bottom Zoom.

Snips

In pictures 1 and 2 bottom lock is on and there are numbers (length) attached to the echos so can BL be on with accu-fish activated at the same time.

Sicilian,
Yes, but my point was even though the 200khz side is transmitting you are only seeing what is in the 50Khz beam.

Snips

I don't see a way to put the voltage from the battery on the screen of my 1670f. Is it possible?

Sicilian,
Looking through the manual I don't see it as an option.

Snips

Back