520-5MSD Vs 525T-BSD

geotzia

Can you inform me please what the difference between 520-5MSD & 525T-BSD? What transducer is more compatible for my needs between the two? - 9 meters GRP fishingboat for fishing from 30-100ft
Ι forgot to tell that the transducer will be for GP1971F
In Greece 520-5MSD is far expencive than 525T-BSD (airmar B45) Why?
Thanks alot!!

geotzia,

Both the 520-5MSD and the 525T-BSD are transducers that have bottom discrimination capability. Here are the specifications between these two transducers:

The 520-5MSD is a 600 watt - 50/200kHz that has a low frequency beam width of 46° degrees, and high frequency beam width of 10° degrees. The transducer features a 8 meter (26 ft) transducer cable with 10-Pin Connector. The length of the bronze stem for this is 120 mm (4.72")

The 525T-BSD is also a 600 watt - 50/200kHz transducer, that has a low frequency beam width of 45° degrees, and a high frequency beam width of 12° degrees. This transducer is the only of the two that features a temp sensor, and has a 9 meter (30 ft) cable with a 10-Pin Connector. The length of the transducer's bronze stem is 114 mm (4.48")

I hope this information helps..?

- Deep Blue ;)

geotzia,

Both the 520-5MSD and the 525T-BSD are transducers that have bottom discrimination capability. Here are the specifications between these two transducers:

The 520-5MSD is a 600 watt - 50/200kHz that has a low frequency beam width of 46° degrees, and high frequency beam width of 10° degrees. The transducer features a 8 meter (26 ft) transducer cable with 10-Pin Connector. The length of the bronze stem for this is 120 mm (4.72")

The 525T-BSD is also a 600 watt - 50/200kHz transducer, that has a low frequency beam width of 45° degrees, and a high frequency beam width of 12° degrees. This transducer is the only of the two that features a temp sensor, and has a 9 meter (30 ft) cable with a 10-Pin Connector. The length of the transducer's bronze stem is 114 mm (4.48")

I hope this information helps..?

- Deep Blue ;)
Thank's for the answer and last question if you know , is any off the two better or more reliable or better image for bds & for fishing? Thank's again!!

geotzia,

I have been told that the 520-5MSD provides very good fish finder performance between the two transducers. However, the 525T-BSD does has a built in temperature sensor.

- Deep Blue

geotzia,

I have been told that the 520-5MSD provides very good fish finder performance between the two transducers. However, the 525T-BSD does has a built in temperature sensor.

- Deep Blue
I dont care about temperature sensor, but i do care for the better performance specially for bottom idenfication (rocks-mud-gravel)
In Greece 520 cost allmost double money 550$ and 525 cost 350$ .Is it worth the extra cost? What is your opinion?

geotzia,

A wise man once told me: "The transducer is the heart and soul of any fish finder system, and without one of good quality or proper installation, the fish finder can not operate to its full potential". So if you want the best fish finder performance, then purchase the best transducer and ensure that it's correctly installed.

I'd pick the 520-5MSD for the bottom discrimination performance with your GP1971F.

- Deep Blue ;)

geotzia,

A wise man once told me: "The transducer is the heart and soul of any fish finder system, and without one of good quality or proper installation, the fish finder can not operate to its full potential". So if you want the best fish finder performance, then purchase the best transducer and ensure that it's correctly installed.

I'd pick the 520-5MSD for the bottom discrimination performance with your GP1971F.

- Deep Blue ;)
Thank's mate, you realy helped me!!

Back