3 x TZT2 Install - Sounder Transducer(s)

Power.Boater

Hi,
We are upgrading the electronics on our Cabo 40 by installing 3 TZT2 12's. We have removed the original 2006 vintage multiducer, replacing it with a Furuno (B60) 525T-LTD/20. We would like to also integrate the existing 2KW internally mounted transducer. We are not at this time installing a standalone sounder module. The install guide and manual doesn't address this configuration so I am hoping one of Furuno's experts might provide tips and suggestions regarding how best to connect the two transducers into the system we are building. Do we pair each transducer to one of the the TZT2 -12 MFD's? Is there an interface device to which we should connect both transducers and then connect the interface to the network?
Your thoughts are appreciated and welcome?
Greg Lee
Huntington Beach, CA

You can use the installed 525T-LTD/20 on whichever TZT2 unit you wish. Typically it would be connected to the one easiest for the cable to reach. Each TZT2 will be able to access the sounder screen (via the network for the MFDs not directly connected to the transducer).

If you want to use the 2KW transducer, you might be able to do so if you can get an appropriate matching box (external diplexer) to provide the needed connection to the TZT2. If you take this step, you would operate either the 2KW or the 525T-LTD/20. First off they are on the exact same freq so they can't both be used . Next, I don't think the TZT2 system would allow two internal sounders to be used at the same time. If you can provide the transducer information we might be able to suggest an appropriate matching box if that is indeed possible. We can also see if it is suitable for any external sounders.

Dear Mr.Electron,
As usual, your response is very helpful. It appears we'll need to do a bit of research to see if the 2kw is worth the effort. For now, I think we'll stay with the 525T-LTD/20 and when the sounder project rises in priority I'll get back with more information on the 2kw.
Thanks again for taking time to respond.
Greg Lee
Huntington Beach, CA

Back