3.01 Update

BReceski

Could some one give me some step by step instructions on how to do this update with a Mac? My problem seems to be the unzipping of the down loaded files. Just not computer literate. I really think I need all the steps, if that is possible.

Thanks,
Bill

BReceski":23o8a979 said:
Could some one give me some step by step instructions on how to do this update with a Mac? My problem seems to be the unzipping of the down loaded files. Just not computer literate. I really think I need all the steps, if that is possible.

Thanks,
Bill

I am a bit surprised that you have a problem unzipping the update files. On my Mac laptop, all I need to do is go to the Finder and double click on the downloaded zip file. It then automatically creates a new folder with the extracted files that you can copy onto a USB stick.

However, you may find that you have another issue when you go to do the update. The Furuno MFDs do not seem to like USB sticks that were formatted on a Mac even if formatted as MS-DOS memory devices. This is most easily solved by using a USB drive that was formatted on a Windows computer. Best of all is just to use a Windows computer to do the whole process but copying the extracted files on your Mac to a USB stick formatted on a PC will usually work in my experience.

Back