1871 & TZT2 12 compatability

W

walter

Hi All,
I am looking for a repeater for my TZT2 12" nav system at the helm of my 51' Derecktor yawl that can be hooked into the backbone and function as a remote . The TZT9 unit is a little to large and seeing the new 1871 it likes it would be a great fit. I am wanting to view and control the plotter , radar and AIS at the helm as I have a 711c pilot mounted on the binnacle for pilot control. I do not need or want a standalone system separate from the TZT2 12 , can anyone tell me if the 1871 will work with my current system.
Thanks
Walter
Nova Scotia

The 1871 is a standalone product and will not network with your TZT2.

Hi Furuno,
I have an ipad connected to my TZ2 12 system which works ok,,, daylight viewing is terrible and water resistance is about zero, mounting options at outside helm,,,,,,,not good, a wireless or backbone connected interface with full functions such as with the Ipad and android devices for the smaller 1871/ 1971 for boats with exposed second stations would be a great additional feature to the two new units. I understand the units can be plugged into the backbone for ais, autopilot and possibly plotter repeating but need a seperate wireless radar scanner for radar funtion ?? I operate in the often foggy and wet Canadian Maritimes and radar repeatability from the TZ2 system to the 1871/1971 would make these two units instant perfect companions , here's hoping,,,
Cheers
Walter
Lunenburg, N.S.

Obviously we have no control over your iPad's view-ability but you might seek after market screen filers and cases that might offer you what you are looking for.

There is no single radar unit that you can share between the NavNet system and the standalone GP1971F. They are entirely two different animals. If you have both, they can share the same NMEA 2000 connection for limited data sharing. You can not share radar or sounder video excreta between them.

Back