1815: connecting wind data

R

Russ

Which wind data sentence(s) does the 1815 want? (MDA, MWV, VWR, VWT). I have turned them all on. Is the 1815 wanting to see the wind data an a certain NMEA port? (1,2, or 3)
The 1815 is getting and displaying AIS, Heading, Lat/Long, and Speed data from the multiplexer (NEMO Gateway) fine. I have a Furuno RD30 with a PB150 outputting wind data to the mux and the chartplotter is seeing & displaying the wind data from the mux ok.

The manual shows that the unit accepts the following sentences for data input.

ALR, BWC, BWR, DBT, DPT, GGA, GLL, SNS, GSA, GSV, HDG, HDT, HDM, MTW, MWV, RMB, RMC, THS, TTM, VDM, VHW, VTG, VWR, VWT, XTE, ZDA

So the the 4 wind sentences - MDA, MWV, VWR, VWT. I have all 4 of those sentences turned on and the 1815 is not showing wind; and other connected devices are seeing & displaying the wind data. Are there specific ports the 1815 expects to see the wind data on? Like it wants for GPS (Port 1), AIS (Port 2), Heading (Port 3)

You can't use the heading port but the either of the two NMEA ports should work.
When you run the "Self Test" do you see the appropriate sentence showing up under "INPUT NMEA" ? You might also check the wind setting under Menu - System - Initial to try both apparent and true. It could be you have data but that setting is setup for the opposite of what you have coming in.

Back