1724C RDP-148 Power up no video

Robfeldt

Hi,
First off I guess I should explain who I am. I like fixing broken stuff, been doing this my whole life way back to a young boy. The more complex the more it fascinates me. So when purchasing something, I usually do some research look at new, used operating and broken items. I have purchased wrecked cars, damaged boats, broken televisions, computers, even commercial cappachino machines (which makes awesome coffee at work :cool ). So here I am

I bought this RDP-148 Display knowing it does not work.... I paid little for it so if I fry it it is no big loss. I took it completely apart.
no signs of blown or swollen capacitors the fuse was ok
excellent continuity through the factory power cord.
all PCB look decent a little brown residue around two areas, as it got hot but not terrible

I put 24 volts to the unit. pressed Power/Brill all the lights on the PCB flashed green for a second and the cooling fan came on.... that's it.... no beep... no screen... any suggestions? in the TS section of the manual there was mention that the RSB must be connected, could this be the solution? Thanks for reading and any help would be greatly appreciated! :furuno

You don't need anything connected but the power cable (with proper power) to have it boot up. I would recommend you remove any chart card from the unit if there is one. If still not coming up It would either be related to the power board or the main processor board. The "beep-beep" is the start of the bios load on power up. If there is no hardware issue, it could be someone made it a toaster by having a system update interrupted where the boot loader is blown. The only way to have that fixed is to send it in where they have a special card to shove new bios down it's throat. I would think the odds are 1) something on the power board 2) something on the SPU board 3) Bios was blown out.

Welcome to the Forum!

Thanks Johnny E!
I have been reading many of the posts and it seems your the Yoda of Furuno! Any chance of a voltage check cheat sheet of the PC boards? If not looks like a good donor unit hehehe!
May the force be with you ;p

You might be able to sweet talk your dealer into sharing you the service manual. They didn't release one for the Vx2 but they have one for the NN1 series that is helpful for troubleshooting. Thanks for the nice words.

Back