165t/265LH PM488. BD on TZT3

Indyspecracer

New guy, first post.

Can anyone comment on any planned updates the TZT3 software to enable BD, AF and RZ for the 265LH ducer? The combo is such a great solution, but not getting all the functionality of the TZT3 is disappointing, particularly on the latest MFD.

Indyspecracer,

You are correct that for TZT3 there are no Bottom Discrimination or ACCU-Fish features for use with any CHIRP Transducers. Please note that RezBoost is a feature where the signal processing technology achieves CHIRP-like performance from a traditional CW (Continuous Wave) 600w or 1kW Transducer, and is not for use with CHIRP Transducers.

I have passed on your concerns on to our Product Development Engineers, and hopefully these features can be added in the future.

- Deep Blue ;)

Thanks for the reply, Deep Blue. I’ve been doing a lot of research for a new boat build. The 265LH is just an awesome ducer for my needs, so I will probably stick with it and hope for BD functionality to come in a future update.
I read the TZTF12 installation manual earlier and it lists the B265LH as having Accufish capability. Perhaps a typo?

I can confirm that the B265LH most certainly does do the Accu-Fish function. Just put that transducer in my second boat. The first fishing trip out the display indicated that we were rolling over top of ~40ish inch fish. Not 20 seconds later the drag started singing on a reel and we pulled in a 42" red drum. I have been hooked on that feature ever since. :furuno

Back