Losing Depth Information

HBrew

I have a TZT2 with a DFF1 network attached along with an Airmar 525STID-MSD depth, speed and temperature transducer.

I am consistently getting loss of depth information, speed through water works fine. The DFF1 is flashing slowly indicating normal conditions but on the TZT2 or F170 displays there is no depth info. I have DFF1 set as my preferred data source. To make matters more confusing, sometimes it works without any apparent changes being made. When it works it says that the current data source is the DFF1.

Can you help identify the issue?

Thanks,

Hamish

As a further comment, I have noticed that the depth info only works when I am in less than about 8-10m

If the sounders shows a good bottom, but not showing digital depth; then it sounds like your bottom level HF/LF settings needs to be set lower. What is the software version in the DFF1? (shown in the sensor list) You might also have old software in the sounder.

The DFF1 software version shows 0252353-02.04:025236...

I cannot see all of the version info.

Thanks,

Hamish

There is newer software on the Furuno USA website under the product (v2.05). I would start there and if it still doesn't show, then lower the BL HF and BL LF settings.

Hi Johnny

I have checked the website and there is V2.05 software for DFF1 that is for uploading by TZT and NN3D but nothing for TZT2. I read the instructions for TZT and it specifically says that TZT2 is not the same.

Do you know where I can get software and instructions for updating via TZT2?

Thanks,

Hamish

Tech support can provide you a copy of TZT2 update software for the DFF1. It is in beta, but they can provide you what you need.

Hi Johnny

I have updated the software and tried lowering the HF and LF values but still no luck. Is there anything else I should try?

Thanks

Hamish

If the values adjusted was (BL) Bottom level, then it should be working if the screen is showing a good bottom. If it isn't, then it sounds like something is wrong with the sounder and it would need to be evaluated. Before you send it in, I would recommend backing up settings/points/tracks etc and trying a full factory clear of the TZT2 unit. If the DFF1 sounder still won't show digital depth, I would send it into our service center for evaluation.

Back