TZTL-12F and 526TID-HDD Settings

I just got my system on line and I went off shore between the storms.
I tried to adjust the manual settings similar to those that I used on NN1 and did not work well.
I switched to Auto fishing and it worked good running at 7.5 knots. It washed out at 10 knots and above. I was running in 60 to 250 feet of water. I do a lot of fishing off shore and concentrate the sounder in the 200 to 300 feet where the bait schools are.
The boat is a 28 foot Henriques. The transducer is mounted near the center line about 12 feet in front of the transom.
I have reviewed TVG and I went to zero thinking that would help, but I went the wrong way.
1- What is a good starting point for the manual settings?
2- I did not see rez boost in the sounder settings. I had accu fish settings.

I did choose the correct sensor during the setup.

Thank you.
Bob

Tunacious Too,
I would be interested in seeing a screen shot or two of both frequencies while you are running. As far as Rez Boost not appearing. I just tried mine and even without a transducer connected the Rez Boost selection will still appear, but only Standard is available not Enhanced. I have SW version 5.03.

Snips

Attachments

• RZ B.JPG
    RZ B.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 2,546
snips,

We have storms coming through right now. I will try to get the boat out on Sunday if weather cooperates. I will takes pictures and post them.

Thank you.

Bob

I checked my system for the resboost and the control is not a part of my soft ware. I called tech support and I need to down load and re-load the soft ware. I have to tear the dash apart to get to the sd card holder. I will install the event switch at the same time.
I hope it goes quickly so I can get on the water and do more testing.

Update.
I have the soft ware re-loaded and all functions are restored.
I will hit the water tomorrow. It is our early spring and the water is cold, 57F. I will post some pics tomorrow.

Tunacious Too,
Sounds like good progress, we will by stand by.

Snips

NN1 low freq 1 (1024x768) (800x600).jpgI took the boat out and did some testing at slow, 7.5 kts and at 14 to 22 kts.
The slow speed performance is acceptable and better than the old system, (NN1 with DFF1) with same transducer(B260).
The old system had clutter, TVG, chart speed, gain, A scope and a few other adjustments and I was able to tune the performance so that I could read through high speed clutter and pick up off shore bait and Tuna marks. All adjusting in manual mode using dual frequency.

The TZT2 has many more adjustments. I turned off A Scope and auto depth. These made the machine lose the bottom in 120 feet going faster than 14 kts. I tried various TVG and clutter settings to get an acceptable screen view above 14 kts. Nothing seemed to work. I left my notes at the boat.
There are adjustments for LF and HF gain off set. not sure what that does, I tried different settings, no help.

Attachments

• NN1 Dual freq 2 (800x600).jpg
    NN1 Dual freq 2 (800x600).jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 2,458
  • TZT2 dual freq 1 (800x450) (2).jpg
    TZT2 dual freq 1 (800x450) (2).jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 2,458
Looks like there is a file limit.
The NN1 Dual Freq BFT was an off shore Bluefin Tuna school. Running speed at 7 kts.
TZT2 14.9 kts. Starting to lose LF.
TZT2 10 kts. Reading is still good in shallow water. California has deep water. We fish in shore from 25 to 100 feet during summer or up to 360 feet for rock fish in winter.
The summer season, I set the sounder to 200 to 300 feet and mark bait and tuna schools. This is the setting I need the most help with.
The auto fishing mode is fine for shallow water.

Attachments

• TZT2 10 kts (800x450).jpg
    TZT2 10 kts (800x450).jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 2,456
  • TZT2 14.9 kts (1024x576).jpg
    TZT2 14.9 kts (1024x576).jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 2,456
  • NN1 Dual Freq 1 (2) (1024x768) (800x600).jpg
    NN1 Dual Freq 1 (2) (1024x768) (800x600).jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 2,456
The TZT2 16.9 kts picture has the bottom scale freaking out form 50 to 1200feet. The auto depth was off. I then turned off A scope.
I ran in 120 feet at 22 kts and tried Auto Fishing mode. It kinda work with a low thin bottom.

I really need help with these settings. I hope the $1100 dollar transducer will work. I'm tapped out on $$.

Thanks,
Bob

Attachments

• TZT2 16.9 kts (1024x576) (800x450).jpg
    TZT2 16.9 kts (1024x576) (800x450).jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 2,455
Tunacious Too,
Thanks for the screen shots. However when I enlarge them to see the detail better they are to fuzzy. From what I can see I would first turn off the Bottom Discrimination mode. The BD mode changes the TX Rate and pulse length. Also the Bottom Level setting should be at -20 for both LF and HF channels on the TZT2.

Snips

Snips.
I had to resize the pictures to meet the file requirement of the site.
I'm not sure if I had bottom discrimination on. I will check and turn off if it is on.
I will change Bottom Level to -20, as suggested.

What is the FL/HF gain off set used for?

Thanks.
Bob

Tunacious Too,
All your TZT2 screen shots showed the BD Mode was on.
The LF/HF main gain controls go from 0-100. In reality the sounder never really has "0" gain as there is always on the display. The Gain Offsets in the menu are used to set the "0" point. If you want to see how they work set the main gain at 20 and adjust one of the Offsets, you will see it will be almost be the same as adjusting the main control. Normally these Offsets are left at the default setting of 0.

Snips

Snips,

Okay. I will make the adjustments and test the gain off set.
My son has high school baseball tournament all week. Should be able to test on Thursday.

Thank you.

Bob

Back