DFF3D Setup Questions

MarMax

Furuno Super Fan
I've gone through the transducer setup and general setup of the DFF3D and have a few questions. I'm using the TM54 so my motion sensor source is set to Internal. Also want to confirm that I need to set the mismount correction to ON.

What are the Roll and Pitch Sensor Offsets?

What is the TX beam angle and reasons for different settings?

As I entered some of the data such as TD position bow/stern, up/down, etc. the values I entered would change. As an example I'd enter 8.0 and confirm and the TZT would make it 7.9. Is this normal?

TM54_InstalledTemp2s.jpg

Marmax,
When using the TM transducer you should set the "mismount" to off. I know that the wording is a little confusing and we will ask Japan to correct that. Mismount means that the transducer is facing the wrong way and really the only transducer you can do that with is the 165T-B54. The pitch/roll are used to level out the transducer. If you are using the DFF3D with Nobletec you can use these to correct the angle, if not, leave them at 0. The beam angle refers to the single or triple view. Normally I use 40-40-40 which will give you the longest sounder history.

Snips

Thank you Snips. Do you have any explanation for system rounding/changing numbers slightly from what is entered?

Back