Settings for DFF3D and timezero pgb

philo

Hi, I'm struggling to get decent pgb on my timezero using the DFF3D when heading into/beam on to any swell/chop. Maps a ruffled bottom, but works well in a following sea/swell. Stabilization is from a Sc21. The Dff3d is connected to the timezero computer via actisense usg2 with the lag settings on time zero set for 280ms for pitch/roll. I have the offsets for all sat compass/transducer settings as accurate as I can possibly get, with the centre of gravity estimated. I notice on transducer monitor that the dff3d pitch/roll is usually different from the TZ pitch/roll but is this because of the lag? Any ideas to fix the poor pgb? Thanks.

IMG_0651.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0654.jpg

I would recommend talking to Time Zero support to check over your settings. Time Zero PBG is not the same as the PBG used in the Furuno MFDs.

in TZ, pitch and roll can be sensed by the SC or the transducer guts. Recomended to choose SC instead of transducer internal.
Time Zero support is very helpful; you paid for the module; the dealer and TZ support should help you out.
For good community support, there are some facebook groups that TZ support or your regional TZ rep can invite you to.

Back