navnet vx1 to navnet vx2 upgrade

A

Anonymous

I am currently in the process of upgrading my Navnet VX1 1833c and 4kw dome radar to a Navnet VX2 rdp149 and RSB-0070-059 Open array 6 KW with un-cut cable to connect to the DJ1 port of the display. The rdp149 comes with its own power supply cable. Is there anything else I would need to complete this upgrade?

Are the cables for the 4kw dome and 6kw open array the same? Or would there have to be new cables routed up to the t-top? Also are the holes for the mounting bracket on the dome and open array the same configuration, so we would not have to open new mounting holes.

Thanks in advance :furuno

idal305
Sound like a nice upgrade.
Is there anything else I would need to complete this upgrade?
If you move your existing GPS and other cables from your RDP139 to your new RDP149, you should have everything you need. Changing from the NavNet 1 display to the Vx2 display is about as plug and play as you get as long as you are staying with the same size unit. (like you are) Make sure when you order the radar scanner gearbox; you also order the antenna (array)

Are the cables for the 4kw dome and 6kw open array the same?
No the cables are not the same. The scanner cable for the 1833C has 17 conductors and a coax, but the 1944C (your planned system) has 21 conductors and a coax. You need to replace the cable

Also are the holes for the mounting bracket on the dome and open array the same configuration, so we would not have to open new mounting holes.
No the holes for domes (160X160mm) are not the same as open array scanners (200x200mm)

Thank you very much for the quick response. You guys are great

Back