Different screen for a 1734C and 1954C

Dont' Blink

bought a boat with a 7" and 10" navnet vx2 cmap units as well as dome and open array radar (1734C and 1954C) these small screens are killing me-eyes must be getting old. Looking to see if there is any screen/monitor that I could swap in for the time being. Considering upgrades to TZtouch2 or tztouch 3 but with supply chain issues just figuring I would wait.

Similiar question is it worth/needed to upgrade to Tz3 vs TZ2? Don't need fishing capabilities just simple depth/bottom as well as radar chartplotting. Thanks.

Dont' Blink":10evfhve said:
bought a boat with a 7" and 10" navnet vx2 cmap units as well as dome and open array radar (1734C and 1954C) these small screens are killing me-eyes must be getting old. Looking to see if there is any screen/monitor that I could swap in for the time being.

Today's displays are something else, edge-to-edge all glass IPS displays that have great viewing angles in sunlight at nearly every angle for nearly all sorts of eyes of any age! However, a new display will need an updated radar sensor. You could keep one of those old displays to run the open array radar until the magnetron dies on it, otherwise you would be looking at a new TZ2/3 with a DRS6AX or DRS6ANXT open array replacement.

Is the TZ3 worth it? Operationally it works very similar to the TZ2. At this time, for navigation, you probably wouldn't notice much performance difference. The TZ3s have hybrid controls on the smaller units which might make it worth it over the similarly sized TZ2.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Back