Furuno TZTouch2 & AP26 Help Needed

A

Anonymous

I installed a NMEA 2000 backbone. Connected a SIMRAD AT10 Converter to the Autopilot Computer. Then connected the AT 10 to the NMEA network. Lastly, connected the TZ Touch 12 to the NMEA network. Wanted to use the heading info from the SIMRAD for heading and radar overlay. I cannot get the two to talk. :huh Any ideas for trouble shooting?

My guess is you have the AT10 connected to your N2k backbone in correctly.

You must keep in mind the AT10 is like a T-Connector and must be used as such.

You can just drop it into a n2k network like you would do with a device. The cheapest way is to remove a Terminator on the n2k backbone . Get the correct gender simnet to micro-c cable and a simnet terminator.

Connect the AT10 to the proper bare wire nmea0183 cables. insert the simnet cable into the at10 and the micro C end into the slot where you removed the N2k terminator. then use the simnet terminator in the open simnet port to complete network.

I would recommend also checking the NMEA 0183 port used the AP26. Data one normally provides the data too slowly for most newer devices. You can check with Simrad but most users use data 2. The Simrad would also have to be configured with the heading sentence turned "On" so your converter can receive it.

"You can just drop it into a n2k network like you would do with a device" SHOULD READ

"You CAN NOT just drop it into a n2k network like you would do with a device"

THANKS

Back